This savoury casserole starts with a layer of BUSH’S Refried Black Beans and ends with full, happy families.
- Servings: 6
- 1 can BUSH’S® Refried Black Beans
- .50 kg Minced Beef
- 1½ tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Red Pepper
- ½ Yellow Onion
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- To taste Salt
- To taste Black Pepper
- ½ cup Roasted Corn Kernels
- ½ cup Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend
- 1½ cup Cornbread Batter, Prepared
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- In a 20 cm x 20 cm casserole dish, layer the bottom with an even layer of Bush’s Best Refried Black Beans.
- Cook minced beef and season with taco seasoning. Drain excess fat from beef and spoon on top of the refried black beans.
- Trim and slice the pepper and onion and sauté in butter and season with ground cumin. Sea- son with salt and black pepper to taste. Spoon on top of the minced beef.
- Top the pepper and onion mixture with the roasted corn kernels, the Mexican shredded cheese blend and prepared cornbread batter.
- Bake until cornbread batter is cooked and golden brown in colour, approximately 16-18 minutes.